Everyday/evening makeup routine

12:53


Hey guys,
I am finally back into blogging after a few busy/crazy months! School is finally over and I am not sure how I feel about it yet. I think once it comes to September and I'm not going back then I think there will be waterfalls! But right now I am just loving the amount of free time and relaxation I have!
Due to exams being over (finally!) and the immense amount of free time I have, I have decided to get back into blogging again! :)
So today I am going to show you a makeup routine which I normally go by when it comes to night-outs which can also be worn everyday:) As you can see in the picture above, these are all the products I will be using for this look :)
As always, I like to cover my face with this Clinique Moisturizer which I think is so good as it gives the face a nice smooth coating and makes face makeup applications so much easier :)
I then start with this Clinique liquid foundation and it is simply amazing. It gives the face an all over look covering those blemishes right up, it makes the skin look flawless, I just love it!
To apply this, I use the Real Techniques buffing brush. Although this isn't the brush to apply foundation, I prefer this one so much more as the application is so much better and gives it a better look.
I then apply the Collection concealer just underneath my eyes because after using the foundation, I feel I don't need to use this to cover up any blemishes as my foundation did that for me!
To apply the concealer I use the Real Techniques contour brush which once again isn't meant to be used for concealer but I prefer to use this brush as it is similar to the buffing brush but smaller :)

Now my face is looking a little pale.. so it's time to bronze like crazy! I use The Body Shop's bronze shade: warm glow/02. I suck in my cheeks and contour my face. I like to focus on contouring my face but I apply one or two swipes across the face so that I don't look too pale!

To apply my bronzer, I use the Real Techniques powder brush(wow I'm actually using a brush for what it's meant to be for!;P).
I then bring a bright glow to the face by applying this Sleek blush in the shade Rose Gold. I absolutely love this blusher, it gives a lovely healthy glow and also if you like a bit of shimmer like me, you will love this.

To apply this blush I use the Real Techniques blush brush, swiping the brush over the cheeks.

With the face now done, I move onto the eye area...
I firstly apply this MUA Eyebrow Pencil because if you're like me and your eyebrows are so light they are almost invisible, they need to darken up! I personally love this eyebrow pencil, it comes with a little brush so before I darken them, I give them a little brush so all the hairs are facing upwards.
Next is eyeshadow...
I start by using number 1. as my base coat. This gives a lovely, pretty light pink shimmery base to the look and works well on it's own just to brighten up the eyes slightly.
I then move onto number 2. and 3. and apply this halfway across my eyelid to darken the look up slightly but keeping the brightness on the inner corner of the eyelid.
I apply number 4. on the outer corner of my eyelid and this shows a lovely gradual contrast between dark and light.
I finally apply number 1. on the inner corner and the brow bone to just give another hint of shimmer and brightness.
I then use this Ultra Black khol liner by Maybelline on my upper lash line. At this stage, you can either use liquid or pencil eyeliner depending on the occasion, if it's for a night out then I would go for a dramatic liquid winged eyeliner but for during the day I would just apply pencil liner with no flick.
And for the last part of the eyes I use the L'Oreal Paris miss manga mascara. I have been loving this lately, it has made my lashes nice and long with volume and would definetly recommend it for those who are looking for something that makes the lashes long and volumized ;P.
As per usual I then finish off the look with a lipstick. I use this Body Shop lipstick in the shade 130 Colour Crush which I have been absolutely loving at the moment. It is the perfect summery shade! I have been wearing it for evenings and during the day as it works for both!
I then apply some Lipcote to help the lipstick stay on for a longer amount of time :)
And this should be the finished look!




Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed today's blog post on a makeup look in which you can wear for the evenings or as an everyday look :)
Until next time
Mel
x




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for reading my blog, let me know what you thought if you would like to. I will reply as soon as I can :)
- Mel